5/31/2010

Couponing 101

Most of you who know me know that I use this lovely 1'' binder to store all my coupons. Yes, I clip every-single-coupon. Now, after teaching a couple of coupon classes in April- I realize that this way of organizing does not work for everyone. In fact; for most women - this probably won't work. It's too time consuming. I'm a visual learner, and love taking this binder through the stores with me, and I sometimes find great clearance deals.

So, after 3 years of couponing, I have decided to mix it up.
I'm confident that this way of organizing coupons will work better for the typical busy woman.

I picked up a box of colored hanging file folders & a hanging file folder box. There are 3 different colors of files for the 3 different inserts that can come in the Sunday Paper: Red Plum (red), Smart Source (yellow), and Proctor&Gamble (blue). Each week I will create a folder, and throw my inserts inside the folder. Now, this will be completely different for me because I will only have coupons clipped that are for deals advertised in the weekly ad. I won't have my coupon binder with me for any unadvertised deals, or clearance.

Tune in to see how this works for me. I'll blog about what kinds of deals I may miss, and how much time it takes me to get ready for the sales.

Should be fun!

How do you organize your coupons?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...