9/17/2010

Sit Down Saturday 9/18

~
Today's Sit Down Saturday Question is as follows:

Is it really worth it to sign up for Company e-mail lists?

Good Question! Yes! See the items in the above picture? I received an e-mail from my local Kohl's recently to inform me that my store had been remodeled. Inside that email, I received $10 off my next shopping trip. Now, before my couponing days I would have gone to Kohl's and bought whatever I found and used my coupon, but not now.

Over the years I've learned how to use these coupons to their fullest potential. For this particular coupon, I ended up purchasing items that would reach my total to as close to $10 as possible. The cookbook was $5, and the sunglasses were $5.40. I ended up walking out of the store only paying .40 + tax for both items. How great is that?

Now, if the coupon is "Free ____ w/ any purchase" - find the most inexpensive item available. That way you spend as little out of pocket as possible, but still end up receiving your freebie.

I would recommend that you set up an email specifically for Company email lists. That way your regular inbox stays clean, and you will always have your very own "deals" email address. You will end up receiving advanced notice on upcoming sales, or exclusive email coupons.

Don't hesitate to use the email coupons. Every penny helps, right? Print them up even if you aren't sure you'll be near the store. Chances are you might end up at the mall, and wish you had that coupon with you. Also, many stores will allow you to use the coupon on clearance which can make for some great deals!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...