9/02/2010

Buying Sunday Papers...

A few of you have asked if I purchase multiple newspapers on Sundays.
Yes, I do. I actually purchase 5 every week.
-----
Why do I purchase so many?
I soon realized that the exclusion on many coupons that reads "One Coupon Per Purchase" does not mean you can only use one coupon in the transaction even if you purchase multiple of the same item.
Let me explain...
One coupon per purchase = one coupon per item. The item is your purchase. You can make several purchases in a transaction. So for instance, if I have 5 coupons for .75/1 toothpaste: I can purchase 5 tubes of toothpaste, and use those 5 coupons. Now if they were .75/2 - I'd have to purchase 10 tubes.

Does that make sense?

Also, if you happen to find one..there are coupons that state "One Coupon per Transaction." I used to keep one of those in my wallet just in case I received any flack from the cashier. I'd pull it out, and explain the difference. This was rare, but did happen on occasion.
--------------------------------------
So essentially buying multiple Sunday newspapers gives me access to multiple sets of coupons. This enables me to stock up on several of the same items during sales. It also ends up saving me money in the long run because I can keep my family stocked for at least 3 months out.

How many Sunday papers do you buy?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...