2/08/2011

Guest Post: Beader Bubbe

Beader Bubbe

Dear Frugal Invitation:

Let me again thank you for the invite to feature me. I am thrilled. Here are a few things about my shop...

I named it Beader Bubbe because I love to bead (have been doing it for several years now) and I am a Bubbe...which is Yiddish for Grandma. I have 6 grandsons to me qualify for that title. Lol

I have lived in NY all my life and would never move out, especially since my whole family is here. Some only 4 blocks away.

I am a school secretary right now nearing retirement and would love to have my beading business be my second career. I would also love a granddaughter to share my love of beading with too...maybe one day. Right now I drag my wonderful hubby of 36 years to bead stores and shows. He is very patient with my beading addiction. While I stick to stringing a lot - necklaces and bracelets and earrings - I try to dabble in other medias. I have done some polymer clay and quilling...but somehow go back to wire wrapping a lot. My favorite bead is turquoise, but now doing some black and white items. Just made earrings and a necklace to go into the store soon.

Some time ago I got into glass pendants which sell pretty fast, and I give away as gifts quite often. My only wish is that I had more time to pursue my addiction. After working all day I come home to hubby and grandkids, and by the time they are picked up it is close to 8pm, and I just want to chill at that time. So I try to squeeze in what I can on the weekends in between things like laundry and house cleaning.

Thanks so much for featuring me!
Agnes

You can check out Anges' shop at:
www.beaderbubbe.etsy.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...