8/28/2010

Sit Down Saturday 8/28

I'm starting a new series of posts. They will be titled "Find Out Friday", and "Sit Down Saturday." I will give you all the opportunity to ask me questions on Friday, and I'll choose a few to answer during my "Sit Down Saturday" post. This is your place for frugal deals, but it is also a place to learn. I am sure I have some tenured couponers out there, but I also know many of you are new to couponing & frugal shopping. I will be focusing more on beginner's topics and my intent is to create posts that are simple, easy to understand, and informative.
___________________________________________________

Today's Sit Down Saturday Topic: How did you get into using coupons?

I started using coupons about 3 years ago. I was working on my college degree, and soon realized what it was like to be a "poor college student." I was literally living paycheck to paycheck, and was tired of it! (I was paying for tuition out of pocket to avoid debt). I decided the first place I could cut costs was with my grocery bill. I knew coupons came in the Sunday paper, but I needed more. I started searching the web for internet printable coupons, and came across a whole site dedicated to coupons & store deals. The site is called: hotcouponworld.com. If you have some time - go check it out. It changed the way I shop. I will NEVER go back to paying full price. My interest in shopping with coupons grew fast. I wanted to know everything there was about shopping smart. Saving money soon became a hobby. I would get SO excited about how many items I could purchase for free or close to it! I ended up expanding my hobby outside of groceries, and have saved tremendously on many other purchases. I knew I wanted to share my coupon knowledge with others, but wasn't sure how. I felt like it was this big secret, or something! This past April, an opportunity landed in my lap. I taught my very own coupon class! The impact that I made on the class attendants - made my heart so happy! Many of those attendants wanted to stay in touch, and thus my page was born. This page has given me the ability to share my knowledge, and shopping trips with my family/friends. Now, I'm helping others just like you! I have the best followers, and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for sticking with me as this page grows. Thank you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...