11/06/2010

Holiday Shopping Safety Tips

Today I had an incredibly scary experience at my local grocery store. The parking lot was extremely full, and therefore I had to park pretty far away from the front door of the store. While getting out of my car, I was approached by a women in a SUV asking for money/groceries. I told her I couldn't help her, and walked as fast as I could up to the store, and told one of the employees in the store about what had happened. As you all already know, the holidays bring many thieves out of the wood works, and I knew I needed to pass off some holiday tips to you.

These holiday shopping safety tips are brought to you by ISSDA. Below are the tips I found most useful, but you can view the entire article HERE. They cover many aspects of the holiday, and I found the article incredibly informative.

Holiday Shopping Tips

1) Stay alert & be aware of your surroundings.

2) Don't overburden yourself with packages. Carry a purse close to your body, and consider keeping your wallet in an inside coat or front pants pocket.

3) NEVER leave your purse in a shopping cart or on a counter while you pay. Also, if you use a public restroom, use extreme caution when hanging your purse on hooks or door handles.

4) Park in a well-lighted space, lock your car, close your windows, and hide shopping bags in your trunk.

5) When returning to your vehicle, have your keys ready to open the door.

6) Before entering your vehicle, check the front and rear seats and floors for anyone that may be hiding in there. Lock your doors immediately after entering.

7) Try shopping with friends & relatives.

8) Try shopping during daylight hours only.


Have a tip to share?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...