11/06/2010

Libby's Dollar General Run!

Before Coupons: $4.05
After Coupons: $1.05

------
$4.05 - 9 Cans of Libby's Green Beans
-(3) $1.00/3 from 8/29 RP
$1.05 = Final Cost (.12 per can!)

I stopped by Dollar General to do the sale on the Libby's canned vegetables. This was my first time using coupons at Dollar General, and it was an interesting experience. First, there was a homeless man standing outside the store. Um? Second, my store appeared really run down on the inside. Which was a little shocking considering this store was in a good part of town. Third, my cashier (he was new) couldn't ring the coupons, and called his supervisor. The supervisor was able to scan the coupons with the scan gun, but the register wouldn't take the 3rd coupon even though I purchased 9 cans. She ended up voiding the transaction and re-ringing up 3 cans at a time, and I paid 3 different times. I will mention that it was extremely nice for her to decide to try it that way instead of telling me, "Sorry, this 3rd one won't scan."

All in all, I'm not entirely sure I'll be coupon shopping there in the future. I'm sure all Dollar General stores aren't like this, but this was my experience at my local store.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...